Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 59

Two ... days ... left! *bum-bah!*

Today was a ridiculously fun day. I got on a serious roll this morning and knocked out all 4 workouts in 4 hours. From 8 am to noon, I was working out end-to-end. A walk, some weights, a cardio, and then yoga/stretch. Means I was able to come home and actually clean up and wear real clothes before dusk, and run errands all afternoon guilt-free!

We got a ton done - picked up a few more pairs of properly-fitted jeans, got my new furniture from Pier 1, and did a little extra retail therapy in between. I found an amazing scarf at a store called Rue 21, and spent like 5 minutes this evening kneeling in front of the webcam, trying to properly pose with it.

I know, kinda desert-sheik chic, but it was the best way I could figure to show off the colors at such close range. We also stopped back by a few furniture stores where we'd pre-shopped, and I did a fairly adult thing and purchased some fine art!


How cool is that?? It's the one I told you guys about in Tuesday's post, and I went back and bought it! As soon as I saw it, I was smitten - spirals are my favorite shape, and black and white is so simple and timeless that this piece can go with me when I move, even if my main decorating scheme changes. I'm so excited to have it; just gotta get it to Norman in one piece, now. I'm so paranoid it'll get broken, haha!

I also made one more retail-therapy purchase, right before this post. It was a silly sort of impulse, but it occurred to me that there was an easy way to get me excited about cooking: costumery. I've always loved getting to wear something unique, different, or costume-y (not to excess, of course, but when I get to go, I do go all out!). Having something special that I only wear when I cook is a total sell for a former drama geek like me. And I found the perfect thing: a sexy apron. 

Not like a nasty-tiny lingerie thing, but an actual functional apron that's just a flirty pattern and fabric so it looks cute, not clunky or spinsterly. I didn't expect to find one so easily, but I ran a Google search on "flirty aprons." First result? Flirtyaprons.com. Win! I can't get the site to load on my laptop so I can post a pic of the one I bought, but if you're so inclined you can see it on the site. I got the black-and-white one about halfway down the page. Can't wait til it gets here!

Tomorrow's workouts are currently in limbo, until such time as the weather determines itself. I'm crossing my fingers that the rain holds off so I can get one more walk in (Saturday night's gonna pour, so Sunday's right out). Guess I won't know until tomorrow morning ... ah well. Gonna watch some gratuitous violence (Planet Terror!) and call it a night. Later all!

1 comment:

  1. The scarf makes you look like one of Queen Amidala's handmaidens in Episode I.

    ReplyDelete