Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day 40

Sunday Rundown:

Weight: 208 lbs
Weight lost this week: 1 lb
Total weight lost: 29 lbs

Bust: 43" (0" lost since last week, 3 7/8" lost total)
Waist: 38" (1/4" lost since last week, 2 1/2" lost total)
Hips: 50" (0" lost since last week, 2 7/8" lost total)


Okay, so not a total plateau. A semi-plateau. Downward's downward, I suppose ... although I had hoped to have another 3-5 lb week since this one's gonna be all out of whack with my brief trip home. Good news, though - the pound I dropped this week dropped from the right areas. My waist (a tiny bit) and my upper arm/upper thigh. I've actually been taking measurements of my upper arm, upper thigh, and wrist as well as the three y'all see each week, but I figure there's only so much weight-loss minutiae I can submit you to. Suffice it to say, I droped 3/4 of a inch from my thighs and half an inch from my arms! Progress. =)

So Dad's proposed hike on the Ouachita trail went fairly well this morning; it was about 3-4 miles roundtrip, and for the most part it was pretty low-key. Very flat, very winding, lovely scenery - like a hallway made of trees in most places. There was just one big downhill, right at the head of the trail. So that means, coming back, there was a big UPhill right at the end of the trail. And it was going alright, until I felt this sharp pain right on my left heel. Now, I did rub a little blister there hiking last Friday, but I'd put a bandaid over it before we left. I figured all was well and kept climbing. Then I got home and took off my sock ... and the heel of it was soaked and blood-red. Apparently my bandaid got rubbed off, as did a good chunk of the top dermal layer of that heel ><. Nasty-looking stuff. This is what, minor-but-obnoxious injury #4?? Geez.

So, physically and mentally whipped, I went back to bed for a few hours. Thank god I'm a professional sleeper or I'd never have the energy to do this thing. It'll be a real boon once I get back to Norman; even after a late night, I can still get my butt out of bed early, knock out a workout or two, and then go back to sleep for a bit if need be. Gave me plenty of time to get up, grab lunch, and knock out a free cardio and a yoga/stretch class.

Dinner tonight was an interesting dish - mexican lasagna. I didn't watch Mom make it, so I can't say for sure what was in it. There was ground beef, tortillas, salsa, cream cheese, and a vast array of peppers. It was pretty tasty, definitely helped give me my mexican food fix. I was kinda craving On the Border again, but I'm absolutely saving my free meal for while I'm in Norman. Service Station, you and your ranch burger will be mine.

For some reason, I was in an escalating bad mood today. I felt pretty good when I woke up, but as the day wore on my mood slid downhill. Could be because of my new sting-y heel injury; could be the ever-present headache that I can't Advil away because it conflicts with one of my medications; could be that I'm tired outta my mind. I'm feeling much better now that I'm settled in bed and getting ready to crash, thankfully. Hopefully I'm cheerier tomorrow ... I'm so close to finishing this program, and I need to do it with my mental health and happiness firmly intact!

1 comment:

  1. Hey you are looking fantastic!!! Congrats, all that hard work is paying off. I can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete