Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day 44

*Off-time, Day 2*

So, I kind of ended up a redhead today. I didn't go in intending to do so - I just wanted my red streaks touched up. Now normally, I also get golden-blonde highlights to set off the red a bit, but to save some cash I opted for just the red.

Well. Without the extra-bright blonde to cut it, the red streaks take over my haircolor. It's crazy! Not a bad look, although I can tell it's killing Mom (she swore she'd never have redheaded kids, and was quite shocked when I was born a redhead - to her relief, it faded quickly). It does make my eyes REALLY blue, which I love. I know it'll fade after a few washes, and being in the sun will bring out more of the blonde ... part of me does love the look, though. I always was tempted to try going red ...

I had the WEIRDEST salad for lunch today. We went to a great sandwich place called Bison Wiches, and I ordered chicken tortilla soup and a side salad. Now, the side salad claimed to be spring mix, carrots, etc; what it actually was? Shredded iceberg lettuce. Not even like torn into bites - shredded into strings. It was SO odd, but I managed about half of it. Now the soup? Mmm. Heavenly.

So I ended up angry this afternoon; first, it came out that I wasn't gonna get to move to a new apartment for several reasonable, practical, but wholly unsatisfying reasons, and then I found out that OU no longer has a record of me having enrolled for fall classes. Now here's the interesting bit - instead of either crawling into bed and napping or making dinner plans to vent, I put on my workout clothes, walked to my complex's workout center, and did angry cardio. And angry cardio, my friends, is GOOD. I worked my butt off on the treadmill and came back feeling far better. Starting to worry I might end up picking fights to facilitate angry cardio, haha.

We've got a gorgeous storm blowing in as I write this, which means I'm gonna sleep like a rock ... not like I need the help, sleeping in my own bed again is wonderful. Much-missed, much-needed. G'night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment