Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 56

Day 56, guys. Eight weeks in Little Rock busting my butt. Eight weeks down, 5 days to go (yes, I'm still counting ><).

I had a theraputic sort of walk today - it was overcast enough to shut down the golf course, so I took Rafferty for a looping walk around the path. It was very relaxing, although she's an old enough dog that I needed to drop her back at home about 1/3 of the way through. And I kid you not, the minute I stepped onto the path without that dog, it started sprinkling. Little pinprick drops, nothing huge ... but by the time I got home, I was DRENCHED. Changed into pajama pants and did some yoga right afterward, and that helped take some of the chill out.

It's weird - ever since I've started losing weight, I've been so temperature-sensitive! Used to be cold didn't bother me; I keep my apartment super-cold, if only to make my bed feel that much warmer when I curl up to read or sleep. But today, we went to Juanita's for a sort-of-free lunch, and I was freezing my butt off! Mom and Dad said it was a little cool, but I was straight-up shaking! Guess the weight I've lost so far was all insulation.

I did a little more shopping today - bought a super-sexy corset-styled top at Forever 21 that does awesome things to my bustline, and did a little preliminary furniture shopping around town. I found this amazing art piece I want to buy at one store: it's a cream-colored canvas divided into 20 or so squares, and each square has a black spiral squiggled into it. I've always loved spirals, and it looks so much like me that it killed me to leave the store without it. I may have to go back ... it's pricy, for wall art, but I may have to suck it up and shell out. I want it so bad!

I'm torn as to tomorrow's workouts ... it's gonna be the last sunny day for awhile, and I've gotta choose between water aerobics and hiking the base trail. I really want to spend some time in the water, but I can't do the base trail after Sunday - not totally safe for a young woman to go hiking off alone. I guess I'll see what I'm feeling tomorrow ... goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment