Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 43

*Off-time, Day 1*

Late post, sorry guys ... 10:40 pm showings of HP6 tend to keep one up late.

Okay, so the craziest thing happened in water aerobics today. I was kinda bobbing around the shallow end, acclimating to the water before class, and I put one hand on my hip ... and it felt wrong. Usually when I put my hand on my hip (especially in my swimsuit), all I feel is tightly-stretched material and thick, solid flesh underneath. Today, the suit was loose, and the hip was soft and shapely and kinda firm ... I thought I'd put my hand on someone else's hip for a moment! I can't remember the last time my swimsuit fit like anything other than a second skin; it was fascinating! Even around toward my butt was firm and fit rather than solid and buoyant. Remind me to wear my swimsuit more often ...

In light of the traveling, I only got the one workout in today, but that's to be expected. This trip is my chance to sort of test-drive how I'll be living once I get back here for good. It's kind of odd being back here ... my apartment doesn't smell like mine anymore. It smells like it did when I first moved in - sterile and uninhabited. It's so strange; I wonder what it is about someone living here that make such a difference in how it feels. Ah well - regardless, it's good to sleep in my own bed for the first time in 43 days =)

Food was straightforward, although I did do my free meal for the week tonight - Service Station, my favorite burger place. It was so good to be back there, and so good to see my guyfriends again. It wasn't until they walked into the restaurant and gave me a huge hug that I really felt like I was back home.

Tomorrow's a busy day: early hair appointment, showing Mom the apartment I'm hoping to move into, dropping off my GA paperwork, and chilling with the guys in the evening. I'll be sure to get a post in, though - earlier, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment