Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 48

Off-time's officially done, time to focus on the real deal. Which was really, really hard to do today, since I was apparently stricken by sudden, short-term narcolepsy. Seriously: got up at 7:15, did sculpt at 8, was asleep again by 9:30. Got up at 11:30, had spin class (ugh, spin class) at noon, asleep again by 2. Got up at 4 to do yoga and a long walk on the golf course, then had to fight the urge to sleep again so as to attempt to sleep tonight.

Today's workouts were pretty good, although I was so tired that it felt harder than usual. Doing my usual 6 lb hand-weights in sculpt had my arms shaking, they were so tired. Spin class was pretty rough, too, I was not in a good mindset for it today (but I did it anyway!). Yoga was harder than usual too; all that went right was my walk, which was totally mellowing and lovely, and thanks to all the weather, not nastily hot outside. I'm glad I managed to get all four workouts in, although I need them to feel like less of a pain tomorrow - I can't drag myself through two weeks like today.

This evening marks the beginning of my cooking dinner every night (which is taking some shuffling, since I need to learn to cook for one, but we need dinner for three every night). My first effort? Beef and broccoli stir-fry and egg drop soup. It turned out really tasty! Not garlicky enough for my taste, but so few meals are. A pinch or two of garlic salt set it to rights. I'm also working in earnest on creating my cookbook - two pages for each recipe, including ingredients, cooking instructions, nutritional facts, and a pic of the finished dish. It's taking a little work, but having a binder of recipes I typed and printed myself will help me immeasurably upon my return to Norman.

And now, for the fourth time in 24 hours, I'm going to snuggle into bed and sleep like a rock. Planning on an early walk of the Chenal Loop, provided the weather cooperates this time. I mean, I'll go walk in a drizzle, but a downpour like we had today? I'd rather not come back from working out looking like a drowned rat, tyvm.

No comments:

Post a Comment