Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 57

Getting my counting out of the way early ... four-days-left! (I can't stop. Accountants for parents. What can a girl do?)

Today was EXHAUSTING. At breakfast, Dad reminded me that today would be the last guaranteed non-rainy morning, and I needed to take advantage of it. So instead of two LRAC classes, I convinced (read: all but dragged) Mom out to Pinnacle to hit the base trail one last time. And I'm not gonna lie ... it kinda sucked today. Humid as all get-out ... and toward the end, I so nearly stepped on a snake. 

I'm not kidding - my right foot was in the air, about to come down, when I realized that the dark streak in front of me was not a shadow, but a two-foot-long black-and-white spotted snake. I kid you not guys, it was too close for comfort. If I'd still been out of shape, there would have been no way I could've checked myself in time. As it was, I had to use my whole core to reverse my step and nearly fell backward into Mom. I was FREAKED; the snake was not pleased either. It coiled up super-fast and started doing its tail like a rattler, even though it didn't have a rattle. We had to slip kind of off the path to get around the damn thing. Nothing gets your heart rate up like being half a footfall away from four puncture wounds in your calf. ><

And then, after my big, long, humid, stressful, snake-inhabited hike, I remembered it was Wednesday .... SPIN CLASS. After 3.5 miles in the heat - spin class! I came so close to bailing, but in the end I hauled my butt out there anyway. And it was actually kinda fun today, oddly. One of the songs they played was Sandstorm, one of my favorite techno songs and a guaranteed club hit. So my lower body was pedaling like mad to the beat, but my upper body was in a club. I was dancing as best I could, and I wasn't the only one. The last ten minutes still sucked (especially since I forgot the seat pad), but I made it. Squeezed in some weights and some yoga, then spent the whole afternoon in bed playing video games, napping, reading, and watching the rain pour down. Gotta love it.

Tomorrow's gonna take some exercise-finagling to deal with all the weather, but I've got a backup plan. Y'know, in case the first one breaks down. Later all!

No comments:

Post a Comment