Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 37

So, uh, Pinnacle totally didn't happen this morning ... I got up, got dressed, stepped outside ... into nasty, humid, buggy nonsense. I stood there for a second, then walked back inside, got undressed, and got back into bed. The hell with humidity; if it's gonna be gross out, I'll just do my workouts indoors, tyvm.

Instead, I grabbed another hour of sleep and made it to the LRAC in time for water aerobics, then a quick cardio. I rounded things out with a CCC cardio/strength training combo later in the day. I actually tried something different on the recumbent bike: I listened to my iPod instead of reading or watching TV, and whenever a song reached the chorus, I rode cadence (which essentially means your feet match the beat of the music). Some songs, like Cake's "Never There" and Britney's "Womanizer," made for good slow-burns or to spin out after a fast song, while Outkast's "Bombs Over Baghdad" and The Veronicas' "Untouched" just about made my legs fall off. OUCH. Effective though, and good interval training. Definitely need to make a habit of this.

Breakfast today was something new and different - I finally put my foot down on the eggs-n-bacon repeat. I mean, my breakfast has been egg-based since this diet began; if I eat another egg, I may just turn into one. So today, I had a breakfast parfait: blackberry yogurt, chopped blackberries, and a sprinkle of Grapenuts. It was pretty tasty! Didn't tide me over as long as the protein-heavy eggs do, but it was fantastic for a change. Lunch was downtown at EJ's again, another fantastic and diet-approved tuna sandwich. Dinner was pork chops (not bad), steamed broccoli, cous-cous, and salad. The pork chops weren't my favorite ... the texture is what I imagine human flesh is like, and it creeps me out. Takes a lot of work to put it out of mind and eat it. ><

Today, a milestone: I went to a department store and, for the first time in months, tried on clothes. Not just any clothes, either - I grabbed the funkiest-looking top I could find in a size smaller than my usual (smaller than I've worn in two years, even), and marched right to a dressing room to try it on ... AND IT FIT.


Not only did it fit, I think it looks kinda rockin' on me! A little bondage-y in the neckline, but still pretty sexy-looking. Now, seeing as the pricetag was something bordering on obscene, I didn't end up buying it; I did pick up a far simpler black-and-white t-shirt for something cute and different to wear. If the funky tribal bondage shirt goes on sale anytime soon, though ... I might have to go back.

Feeling pretty good this evening, a little more optimistic about the weigh-in ... suppose I can bust my butt tomorrow and Saturday anyway. Y'know, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment