Saturday, July 4, 2009

Day 32

So today was an odd day, very down and then very up. I woke up kinda tired, but ground out two workouts anyway (instead of one full day off, I took two half-days off. It balances out). Then, I got home to sad news - my best friend Jules' cat had to be put down. Somehow, that was the tipping point for all the disappointing/sad things that have gone down in the past two weeks, and I just cried. I cried, and cried, and got annoyed at myself for crying, then cried a little more. I finally gave up on today and lay down for a nap, which was a good idea because the day definitely turned around from there.

I woke up, grabbed a shower, and began mine and Mom's Terminator marathon - 1st one today, 2nd one tomorrow, 4th one Monday (the hell with the 3rd one. I do not acknowledge it). I hadn't seen the first in forever, and it was so cool to see the little elements that get resurrected in the 4th flick and the TV series. Although the 80's music needed to give it a rest. Then, Mom and I got put together and headed to CCC for the 4th of July celebrations. At these celebrations, I:
  • was incredibly bored at first, as I no longer know all the people like I did when I lived here
  • discovered none of the food was HFFC-diet-savvy, and got annoyed
  • used iPhone to google the calorie content of rum (60 calories a shot, no carbs! win.)
  • ordered a rum and diet coke; received two rum and diet cokes. also win.
  • prevailed on our waitress friend Terra to sneak into the kitchens and scavenge some HFFC-friendly food for me
  • finished my first rum and diet coke
  • Dad, the Sterns, et al arrived and things were instantly more fun
  • Terra returned with tuna on wheat and a bowl of fruit ... I love Terra
  • Happily ate food and consumed second rum and diet coke
  • Poured diet coke and remains of two prior drinks into one glass, constituting third rum and diet coke
  • Walked (in a fairly straight line) over to the driving range, where a great rock cover band called Crisis played awesome music; we set up on a blanket and danced and drank
  • Water, then fourth rum'n'diet'coke (I asked them to go easy with the rum, but I suspect they did not!)
  • The band played "Play That Funky Music White Boy," which requires my mom, my dad, and everyone in the vicinity to dance
  • Fireworks show, with lightning in the background! Gorgeous
  • Headed home (Mom drove my car, heh) to write my slightly rambling blog post
So, rum makes me chatty. But! It's great to know my poison of choice is not taboo for my current situation. Makes me so happy. It was a schizophrenic sort of day, but at least in the end I came out on top. Nothing worse than going to bed sad. Now, going to bed buzz-y? Best ever.

Blog-ees: you must promise not to give me hell for this post after the fact. I promised to be totally honest on this blog, and right now I am honestly buzzed. Underage blog-ees: drinking is BAD and you should not do it. Until you're 21 anyway. Then it's good times. G'night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment