Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day 53

Damn this almost-cold and its just-inconveniencing-me-enough qualities!

Woke up feeling like I'd been hit with a stick. I did manage to rally up and hike the base trail ... and I made some damn good time! I couldn't stop thinking back to Day 5, when it took everything I had to put one foot in front of the other. Today, I was just strolling! Like I was walking down the Oval and not climbing up and down a rocky slope. It felt amazing, that kind of progress.

After that, I basically camped out in bed for like six hours: played some WoW, watched a couple of movies, napped ... finally rallied again enough to squeeze in a cardio and some weights before I had to get ready for dinner. We cooked at the Sterns': cilantro-buttered tilapia, steamed broccoli, jalapeno rice, caprese salad, and some WONDERFUL bread (that I did have one tiiiiny piece of!). It was a really tasty combo, and kinda fun to cook en masse like that. Definitely something I wanna incorporate back home.

I'm so sure I had more to say, but I'm fading fast. Supposed to be up early - gonna do Pinnacle again. Over this time, not around - up the hard side, down the easy side. Weather depending, of course - there's a chance of rain every day as far out as next Monday. Could really put a wrench in my last week ... like I'm not already anxious enough about the Sunday Rundown tomorrow. Agh ... wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment