Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 39

Agh, waking up this morning was hard ... apparently I slept restlessly, I woke up tired and with my blankets all askew. Sleep-running, perhaps? In any event, it means I got a bit of a slow start this morning. Made it to water aerobics (barely), but we had a substitute instructor. Not my favorite class. Then I did a free cardio, then went back to the LRAC later and did something different: swam laps. It wasn't bad; a little dull, compared to some of my others, but a pretty good workout. I topped it off with ten minutes each in the steam room and sauna (and, seeing as it was late and nobody was at the club, I let my swimsuit sit those out and wore a towel instead. Liberating!)

So for breakfast, I got to have something totally crazy.


I know, looks kinda messy. It's a breakfast banana split - sliced banana halves, chopped strawberries, sugar-free vanilla yogurt, a sprinkle of Grapenuts, and sugar-free chocolate syrup. It's like what a 3-year-old health nut would demand for breakfast! It was tasty, but didn't keep me going as long as my other breakfasts do. I booked it home around 11:30 and made my own lunch - leftover hamburger, cous-cous, and green beans. Dinner was a pretty cool enchilada-chicken dish, with an amazing cheesy jalapeno rice dish on the side. Totally making that for people some night soon.

Today, I decided to make sure my shirt fit at Belk the other day wasn't a fluke. I went to Target, grabbed about a dozen different shirts (all L, rather than my usual XL) and tried them on. They fit, 12/12! I bought a couple, even, for something nicely fitted to wear when I want to look a little less baggy. Also bought a big satchel-style purse so I'll quit getting crap about the little wristlet wallet I've been carrying for the last few months. I need to ease up on the retail therapy after this, though - the point of this summer was for me to come out having saved money, not sitting on broke.

Okay - I realized another upcoming perk of being in shape. Two words: Halloween costumes. This year, I won't have to worry about dressing to conceal - I can dress up like whatever the hell I want! And I think I know what I might go for, provided I have the time to make a costume again like last year and feel like geeking it up. I've always wanted to dress up like Ayla, from the game Chrono Trigger.

I mean, obviously I'd take the skirt a little lower, for propriety's sake, but other than that? I could do Ayla right! No being self-conscious about showing so much leg or belly, and no tweaking the costume to hide my less-than-fit parts (Ayla's not Ayla if she's got a fur dress rather than a fur wrap). Wa-a-a-avin' my geek flag ... but I love it. =)

Tomorrow's gonna be another early day, Dad wants us to check out a section of the Ouchita trail that loops the Pinnacle area. Not even gonna bother asking him how long a walk it is this time, haha ... just so long as I don't get bug-assaulted again. G'night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment