Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 36

My finger was better today, thankfully, and we upgraded to flesh-tone tape rather than white gauze, so it was less ostentatious too. Still hurts, but unless it's like the most hairline fracture ever, I doubt it's broken. Thank god. No more tiny injuries, please and thanks-so-much.

Today was a basic schedule - sculpt, water aerobics, power-nap, then free cardio and free weights. I know - two strength classes in one day. I'll be feeling it tomorrow. I did go longer on my free cardio than intended; I got a wonderful (in quotes: "wonderful") book from the library the other day and didn't get to start 'til today. Went 15 minutes over my time limit because I was reading it on the bike. 

So the book is called, "Meg: Hell's Aquarium." I know, I know - corny as hell, but I love them. First one caught my eye because it had "MEG" in giant letters on the cover, and when I discovered it was about giant prehistoric sharks called Megalodons resurfacing to wreak havoc in modern times, I was sold. Now we're on to the fourth book and the sharks still wreak some pretty good havoc. I'm loving it, despite the GLARING errors (I mean, who makes the "you're-instead-of-"your" mistake once in the pro writing world, let alone FOUR TIMES??) and a terrible "tension-building" writing style that just involves mid-sentence dashes--

--leading to the next line, which ends in an exclamation point unnecessarily!

Ugh. If I were editing, that BS wouldn't happen. Pro writers - please prove to us that you deserve your oodles of money. Please?

I actually got a bit of a treat for dinner tonight; we went to the Sterns' place for dinner, where their just-returned-from-Rwanda daughter Sarah cooked tilapia, potatoes, and all sorts of good stuff. The tilapia had a sweeter flavor than I've tried before, but was quite good! Needless to say, my back-up dinner (a hamburger patty) remained in the fridge. Still not much of an appetite, despite the new/huge pills I've switched to, but I remain optimistic.

Actually, I just remain optimistic that they'll let me off the pills entirely. Really - my foot is FINE. A little sore at times, maybe, but far less so now that I've switched back to the old inserts. I'm even going walking tomorrow. Not just walking - Pinnacle base trail, my friends! So much for doctor's orders, huh?

I'm already kind of worried about Sunday's weigh-in ... I just don't want to have another plateau week, y'know? And while I feel good and exercised and whatnot, that's never a good indicator. Ah well; I suppose anything but up is good, right?

Edit: Almost forgot! My QC-reading friends will appreciate this. Jeph is selling prints of the "AWKWARD ZONE: DEFEATED!" panel, and I so bought one. *celebrate*

No comments:

Post a Comment