Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 58

So I ended up having to do my backup plan for workouts this morning ... it seriously rained curtains most of the day. Had to do CCC cardio and weights instead of a good walk. Not the same, but still pretty good.

Food wasn't anything too different today; a peach smoothie for breakfast, tuna for lunch, and pork tenderloin at the Sterns' for dinner. Dinner was incredibly fun: 3 of the Sterns, 3 of the Healds, and 2 of the Rogalas made for a hell of a dinner group. I might've gotten an extra workout in from laughing so hard. It's kinda cool to be able to have that much fun with family, I know that sort of thing is rare.

Today, we decided I needed a new pair of jeans for New York. Y'know, something that isn't a few good shimmies away from falling right off me. The jeans I have here are 4s, by Lane Bryant's size system (not sure what that relates to in regular sizes, but I'm sure I'd be shocked). I went in planning to squeeze into a pair of 3s ... and walked out in a perfectly-fitted set of 2s. I've never been an LB 2! Also picked up a few cute, simple shirts at Old Navy - nice to have a few outfits that flaunt what I've got a little bit.

You know, everyone talks about how you can buy anything and wear anything when you're in shape, and you always go, "Yeah, yeah, I know." But the truth is, until you're fit enough to just grab any style or color off the rack in a flattering size, put it on, and make it look good ... you have NO idea how incredible that feels. I never would've guessed it'd feel quite this good. So for my equally fitness-minded friends, trust me - it's so worth the work to be able to slip into anything you want to.

It's another short post, I'm sorry ... but if I don't crash soon, I'm gonna regret it. (Also: 3 days of HFFC left! Still counting ^^)

No comments:

Post a Comment