Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day 42

Six weeks, six weeks, holy crap I've been doing this for six weeks ...

You know, originally HFFC was only intended to last six weeks. The longer Mom and I planned it, though, the more days got tacked on, haha. I kind of resented the loss of that much summertime at first, but now I'm grateful for it; I feel like I'm gonna need these last few weeks to learn how to cook the recipes and pare off the last few pounds to get me to my goal.

So, I cheated and weighed today, I'm a bad person. But! I'm down another pound from Sunday! Which puts me at a full 30 lbs lost. Thirty pounds in six weeks, guys. Who'd have guessed? Now I'm only 7 lbs shy of my goal for this program, I'm so psyched! This is definitely an incredible start. I can't believe I'm coming back home 30 lbs lighter!

We had major-league rain again this morning, so I didn't waste time going to the LRAC. I just drove to CCC and knocked out free weights and free cardio on the treadmill, then did free yoga at home, then free cardio in the afternoon at the LRAC. This is the first day I haven't done a class of some sort, and it's a relief to have a day like this and still feel like I've worked myself hard. I was beginning to worry only exercise classes would make me feel like I'd made a difference, and not every day's gonna accommodate a class. Gotta be a balance, y'know?

Food today was pretty basic, since we're trying to knock out some leftovers before my little trip home. Bacon and eggs for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch, tilapia with green beans and cous-cous for dinner. Basic, but tasty. I've also started typing up the recipes I liked best to bring back to Norman with me. Mom insists that I won't make the time to have people over for dinner, but I don't see why not. Most of the recipes are for 3-4 people anyway, and not everything will reheat nicely. I think so long as my friends are willing to chip in a few bucks for ingredients and maybe help me cook, I could host dinner one night a week - both to keep me on track and to help my health-conscious friends discover some of the recipes that have helped me so much.

So tomorrow, I have a plan. I've got an 8 am dentist appointment, I'm gonna get a few workouts in right after that, finish packing, have lunch, and as soon as Mom's back from her hair appointment, we'll be on the road. Norman's less than 24 hours away, I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment