Monday, July 13, 2009

Day 41

Agh ... it's Monday. And you, my loyal readers, know what Monday means ...

... spin class.

Now imagine that phrase, but like 6 feet high and with metal spikes. There we go. Everyone kept telling me that the fifth time you take a spin class, everything falls into place and the class becomes fun. Well, today was my fifth time, and while today may not have been as hard as the last few times, it was by no means fun! Especially since like every couple of turns would catch the heel of my left foot and jar my injury (no bleeding this time, thank god!). Carla did play more music I knew, though, which meant I sang again ... cooled down singing Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours," haha.

Other than that, workouts were fairly low-key; water aerobics was cancelled due to giant crazy thunderstorms, so I only did a single sculpt class this morning; I worked in yoga and a free cardio later. Managed to do an hour-long cardio, even after having done spin class - I timed my workout to coincide with a re-run of my favorite trashy Rock-of-Love-spinoff, and that's easy entertainment. The minutes flew by. ^^

Breakfast was amazing - blueberry pancakes, diet-approved! They were small, like palm-sized, and kinda green from the blueberry coloring, and had some sugar-free syrup on them. I kid you not, they tasted like the real deal! Better, even, because they weren't too fluffy or sweet. So good. Lunch was a stir-fry, good but familiar (and MUCH-needed, after spin class). Dinner was what we've termed a valiant effort: pizza meat pie. Sounded good, looked good, but it wasn't quite what was expected. Not inedible, but not worth the 400+ calories per serving. So I ended up making a peanut butter half-sandwich instead, and Mom opted for soup. Dad just ate it anyway - to him, food's food. Sorry, Normanites, but don't expect pizza meat pie anytime soon.

Got to chat with my brother on the phone tonight, and it put me in a great mood. He's so excited about my progress and promised we'll go shopping and find something amazing for me to wear out on the town in New York next month. I guess I never told yall about the phone call I got from Alex on my drive out here, did I? He made a point of calling to talk to me before the program started so that, before I'd even done a single workout, he could tell me how proud of me he was and told me to call him anytime Little Rock or the program became too much for me. It almost made me cry, getting that kind of die-hard support before I'd lifted a finger. It's support like that from my family, and my friends, and especially you blogees, that has gotten me through this as easily as I have so far. <3.

I am so excited - I can't believe that in two days' time, I'll be home for a visit! The quick trip home seemed SO far away when I left town June 1st ... I actually teared up driving out of town when I realized I'd be gone for so long. Never knew I could miss a town so much, although I miss the people in the town just as much as expected. I can't wait to see yall - 48 hours, guys!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful trip back! Mario and I miss you guys tons

    ReplyDelete