Monday, July 27, 2009

Day 55

Day 55, only 6 days left ... ugh, not counting down is hard!

Anyway, today's the first day of the last week. Woke up feeling pretty good, due to all the encouraging messages I got from people who saw the Sunday Rundown. Then I remembered I had to do spin class. God, spin class ...

Workouts were straightforward classes, most of the day. Sculpt, water aerobics (in which my octogenarian fan club was super-excited to see me back), and the dreaded spin class. It's odd - I think I'd like spin class more if I got to pick the music. This instructor's tastes flip-flop between techno and (ugh) Nickelback. Very odd combo. Then I rounded out the day with a little free yoga, and was done by like 2 pm. Pretty nice, to have the afternoon off. I got a little online shopping done, although online retail therapy is not as satisfying as real-world retail therapy. It's all the money spent, and none of the stuff shows up for days. I did buy some good stuff, though - a poster for my apartment, a bolster pillow for yoga, and a birthday gift for a good friend of mine. Dented my bank account a bit, but worth it.

Food was super-simple today; I didn't even cook dinner, since Mom had some new recipe she was dying to try. It wasn't even for me - it was herbed chicken, but with a mango-watermelon salsa that was so not on my diet. Instead, she converted my recipe to herbed chicken parmesean ... and it was pretty damn good! I even got to have some whole-wheat rotini with parmesean cheese, which I have so missed.

So tonight, a big raincloud has parked itself over Arkansas and is gonna dump rain on us for a week or so. Means my plan to double-loop the base trail tomorrow (a seven-mile trip) may be called on account of rain; I'm okay with just hitting CCC if need be, but I'd so rather go for a hike. It wouldn't be safe with the downpour that's coming in, though ... the rocks would be slick as hell and the little creeks the path drops into will be roaring. Definitely a recipe for Meg-washed-into-the-Arkansas-River ... ah well. We'll see!

1 comment:

  1. hey! i remember you saying you always do carlas classes, and I stopped doing heres because of the musci too...the teacher Krissa has really good music, she does wed, friday, and sunday if you want to try to get into it more...the music is the most motivating part of the class! lol keep up the good work! you look awesome!

    ReplyDelete