Monday, June 29, 2009

Day 27

Good god, this morning was exhausting! At Dad's urging, I got up earlier than usual to sneak in a walk before my sculpt class ... which meant me getting up at 5:30 am. Yeah. Like the boonies of the morning. And I had some lousy dreams last night, so I woke up a little sapped already. Even so, I got myself up and got to walking.

I walked for about an hour - on the golf course track to CCC itself, then on the sidewalk back around toward home. Then I had about 45 minutes to grab a bite of breakfast before I had to hussle to the LRAC for sculpt and water aerobics, then a brief break before ... spin class. Mom and I agree - we hate spin class, but we feel it's necessary. 

So this time I get abut 20 minutes in, and my butt starts hurting. I'm doing everything I can to not think about my butt - I close my eyes, I stare at the wall, I even sing along to some of the songs (which, oddly enough, regulates my breathing). But no matter what I do, my eyes keep coming back to the little readout in front of me, which is topped by the bike's brand name, Keiser, which is one letter off from the word keister, which brings me back to my butt. Sigh.

However, I stumbled on to about 45 minutes, where I considered quitting to salvage the last of the feeling in my butt, when it occurred to me - I'd gone 45 minutes! I was a tiny clock-fraction away from completing the whole stupid spin class! So, I kept on going. And, 15 minutes (IE, a tiny clock-fraction) later, I got to hobble out of spin class with my dignity intact, if not my butt. I was hurting, but yay! I finished a whole spin class! I figured I wouldn't manage that 'til like the last week of HFFC, haha.

Then, I came home and slept for nearly three hours. No lie - I crashed. I slept like I was trying to break records in it. Felt way better once I woke up, too. Hopefully I'll still be able to crash tonight, got a doctor's appointment early tomorrow so I can't afford to stay up.

Food sitch was pretty straightforward today, although I did finally master the perfect simple turkey sandwich. It was whole-wheat bread, two slices of turkey, and a little mayo, which is my usual, but I added some dill pickle slices and a piece of swiss cheese. It was fantastic - why in the hell has it taken me this long to realize this formula? Dinner was a beef stir-fry, which I was unsure of, but turned out to be pretty tasty with some ginger and garlic. I did have a bit of a weird mental association with the ginger at first - I used to have a jar of ginger body scrub, and so when I smelled the ginger in the stir-fry my first thought was that I was supposed to wash with it. Mental associations can be so odd.

I'm pretty excited to take a little downtime this evening, I've just gotten into the Sims 3 and, since I don't have to be up in the boonies of the morning again, I can geek out for a little bit. Good times.

PS: Oh! One more thing I forgot to mention last night. On his way home, Nate stopped off at the Trek Expo in Tulsa, and at said convention he met Tony Todd. Now, being as I've only seen the Trek movies and little of the show, I don't know Todd for his role as Worf's brother Kurn, but rather for his role voicing the main vortigaunt in Half-Life 2: Episode 2. Nate and I have a huge running gag around him - the first time Nate played through HL2:E2, he insisted on calling the vortigaunt "Kurn," to which I'd always reply, "Vort." It got to the point where we could be out around Norman, discussing something else entirely, and then all of a sudden go, "Vort!" "Kurn!" at the same moment. 

Well apparently, Nate told Todd about our in-joke, and he thought it was funny! Nate then got him to sign a Kurn figure for me with a personalized message of some kind, thus further establishing Nate as an awesome dude. I haven't found out what the message is yet, but I'm so excited to see it! I mean, I've got something signed by an HL2 voice actor! One of my favorite video games of all time! That rocks my geeky little gamer-chick world.

1 comment:

  1. Lavendar always gets me- my sister loved lavendar body washes and junk, adn now it always tastes like soap to me. Which is too bad abecause a lot of good green teas have lavendar in them. or soap, depending on your outlook...

    ReplyDelete