Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day 12

Sunday Rundown:

Weight: 219 lbs
Weight lost this week: 6 lbs
Total weight lost: 18 lbs

Bust: 44 7/8" (1 1/4" lost since last week, 1 1/4" lost total)
Waist: 38" (2 1/2" lost since last week, 2 1/2" lost total)
Hips: 51 1/2" (1" lost since last week, 1" lost total)


This is insanity. I've lost TWO AND A HALF INCHES off my waist in one week! I've heard of diets that promise that within like a month or so, but within a week? I'm floored! And the six pounds isn't too shabby, either ... I feel like I lost more weight than that, but then again I am building muscle at the same time. I really need to find a place where I can get my BMI taken and figure out exactly what my target weight is so I can start setting proper milestones for myself.

I wanted to get a walk in for my first workout, but the weather was lousy this morning. I drove to CCC instead and did the recumbent bike for an hour. Luckily, one of my favorite trashy TV shows had a new episode on at the same time, so it helped pass the hour really quickly. After lunch, I did 30 min on the treadmill to try out my gimpy foot (fairly successful, only little twinges of pressure), and then my yoga class.

Lunch was kind of silly; we planned for taco salad, but something about hot meat in a salad doesn't do it for me. So I compartmentalized: a dish of taco meat, a dish of bean, and a bowl of salad. Mom gave me a look, but hey - I ate all the parts! Just ... y'know. Not simultaneously. Dinner was steak ... a good cut, pricey, well-cooked and all ... and I just couldn't manage it. Steak's not my cut of beef, I suppose. We did take the "potatoes" and add bacon, sour cream, cheese, and chives, then baked it in the oven for twice-baked "potatoes." It was quite good, even more potato-y than normal.

I noticed something really cool today - if I run my hands over my legs, I can feel where the muscles are being built. More to the point, I can feel what's going to tone up into muscles and what's going to burn away as fat. I can feel in in my hips, too, and a little bit in my core and my arms. It's kind of surreal to be able to feel that, but kind of exciting too! Definitely ready for it to happen, though; I'm so impatient!

I've got a basic timeline worked out, though - I've got about another month here, with a brief getaway to Hot Springs for the 4th, then a few days in Norman midway through July, then two weeks back here, then New York, then back to Norman. Eight weeks seemed like a huge block of time when Mom and I first started planning this, but now it's looking a lot shorter than I'd anticipated. I hope it's enough to really jumpstart my body into this new lifestyle ... I know my weight loss will slow considerably once I get home since I'll be cutting back to one workout a day and eating a more regular diet, so the more I can drop here, the better off I'll be.

So, question! For those of you who mentioned wanting to try a healthier lifestyle for yourselves, have any of you given it a shot? Have any of you made some significant progress? Spill, guys! I wanna know I'm not the only one making some progress in this area!

(PS - To those of you who are officially following my blog, thank you, thank you, thank you! It makes me smile so much to log in and see that the little follower number has gone up. Having regular readers keeps me going, especially on the harder days ... so thanks for helping me out ^^)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on a great week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meg,

    I've been reading your blog pretty much every day since you started (stalker much?) and it's been good motivation for me. A little more than a week ago I started working out as well and, except for one day off, I've been at it every day, doing a little under an hour of strength training stuff and cardio. I've also cut out soda and most junk food from my diet.

    Anyway, progress: It's only been a week, but I've noticed that my arms feel less jiggly than usual and my stomach muscles feel tighter, even when I'm not working out. I don't have a scale or anyway to measure in numbers, but I feel much hotter! Thanks for being my jump-start, dahling.

    ReplyDelete