Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day 18

Yall must've been thinking really hard about me getting better, because I woke up this morning feeling totally back to normal! Woke up before my alarm went off, even, and managed to get three workouts in before noon - water aerobics, free cardio, and free weights. I got a little worn out toward the end, but that's understandable - I didn't even break 600 calories yesterday. Not healthy!

Today was no new food, but some oldies and goodies - bacon and eggs for breakfast, chicken stir-fry for lunch, and I even cooked my own dinner! (Cooked having the definition of, "reheated taco meat, warmed up some ranch style beans, and made a small salad.") It's nothing big, but it's a start - meant I resisted the call of the can of chili I stumbled across in the pantry. Super-super tempting ... but no use setting myself back. I've already got a sneaking suspicion my weight-loss post tomorrow isn't gonna be too impressive, pound-wise; I've gotta get my calories up enough to break famine mode if I wanna lose any more weight!

This afternoon was a hell of a treat - our friends the Sterns are house-sitting for some relatives in an amazing, house-of-the-future-type place, and they invited us over to make use of the absolutely gorgeous pool for the afternoon!


It was wonderful - they had a ledge in the pool that let me sit down and be underwater, about waist-deep, and simultaneously under an umbrella lodged in the middle of the ledge. I could vegg out, read my trashy Nora Roberts bodice-ripper, and drink what's gotta be one of my new favorite drinks - a Sonic Diet Cherry-Limeade, spiked with vodka. Mom's idea. It was a Route 44, too, so that's a looooot of drink. Nice to incoporate a little alcohol back into my life, though. ^^


Oh, but get this - craziest damn thing I've ever seen. I was sitting in the shallow end of the pool, reading my book, and I hear this funny hissing noise. I look up at the big potted plant beside me to see a little sprinklerhead rising up out of the dirt, and realize that little sprinklerheads are popping up in all dozen or so of the giant potted plants around the pool. And then the sprinklers turned on at the same time, and the plants watered themselves. THIS HOUSE HAD SELF-WATERING PLANTS!! I was totally flabbergasted - I wasn't aware we could make plants do that! Needless to say, I have a new addendum to my "List of Things My Big, Successful Writer's Loft Needs Once I Become A Bestseller."

Anyway, I ended up cooking dinner tonight because Mom and Dad had a Function (capital-F intended) to attend, and while I was invited along I had to politely decline. I wanted a night to myself - to vegg out, self-pamper, play some XBOX, and be my geeky, loungy self for an evening. I'm actually writing this post from the bathtub, with bubbles up to my chin (the laptop's on a table off to the side, no worries! I'm a pro at this), a little music playing (mostly Queen, I associate it with the friends I'm missing most) and a Diet Cherry Coke close at hand. Only wish I had my new laptop so I could get some WoW in ... ah well. Next weekend, perhaps. In any event, it's nice to be myself again for an evening; tomorrow brings the Sunday rundown, Father's day, and a whole new challenge - walking the Big Dam Bridge. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment