Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day 2

Okay, definitely woke up feeling more than a little sleepy today ... and quite sore in my calves. All the salsa and mambo steps from Zumba definitely worked me a little harder than expected (thank god I stretched afterward, or I would've woken up with crazy leg cramps. Sad times!).

Had to do V8 with breakfast again this morning, but it was easier this time. Still drank it standing at the sink, but I was able to cut my mantra after only a few sips and just drink the thing. Also tried hot English breakfast tea to help with my morning caffeine need, and it was quite good. My lunch and afternoon snack got flipped, to better accommodate the classes I planned to take; turns out lettuce and turkey wraps don't quite hit the spot between workouts, but homemade egg drop soup, half an apple, and a bit of peanut butter make a damn good lunch after you've worked your butt off doing cardio.

Dinner was a bit of a treat; it was my one night out with my friend Hev before she leaves town. I went ahead and spent my free meal on this evening, but even so I behaved myself. We went to Chenal, and I got a cup (not a bowl) of poblano, a tuna sandwich (which I ate open-faced) and fruit instead of fries. It was tempting to go for chicken strips or a burger, as per usual, but all it would take is one meal of bad choices for me to undo the past two days of work. Not worth it. Fries, I miss you, but we'll talk in 50 lbs or so.

My workouts were definitely more of a challenge today. I did two mid-day classes at the LRAC: a flowing yoga class, which felt fantastic, followed by a bodysculpt class, which felt less fantastic on my legs but really good on my arms - clearly, my upper body craves free weights. Then I rounded out the day by hitting the CCC in the evening and doing a 35-40 minute cardio. It took a lot of will to wake up from my nap, drag my butt out of my comfy bed, and get dressed for another workout, but there's no point in slacking so early into this thing. I did get to unwind in the hot tub at the LRAC for awhile after my first two classes, which felt AMAZING on my sore muscles; definitely need to make a habit of that.

Low point of the day? Waiting outside the lab at the endocrinologist's to get my bloodwork done. They relocated the waiting room so you can see right into the lab while you're waiting, and I'm trypanophobic; watching half a dozen people get needled ahead of me worked my nerves to the breaking point. Thankfully, the nurse who did mine was damn good - I'm hard to stick, so it usually takes them anywhere from two to four attempts to get me properly stuck. This nurse got a vein on the first attempt; barely even bruised me! Now we'll have an idea of where my blood sugar, Vitamin D, etc. measure at the beginning of HFFC and we can compare better once I'm done with it.

I still need to take my "Before" pics and measurements ... probably soon, too. The way I'm working, it won't be too long before the first results start showing up. I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Hardcore lady, hardcore. But why didn't you just stay here? you could have gotten all the strength workout you needed helping me move!

    ReplyDelete