Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 14

Okay, today was by far my most exhausting day, workout-wise. It's the first time I did the full four workout morning block - water aerobics, yoga, cardio, and stretch, all between 9 am and 2 pm. I got done and was straight-up staggering, I was so worn out. To top it off, I had a dermatologist appointment at 8 am and a manicure at 2:45, followed by a round of errands ... I was gone from 7:30 am til 5 pm. I got back home and promptly crashed for about two hours.

The errands resulted in a little more retail therapy, though - after how taxing two of the yoga instructors have proved, Mom agreed I might need another means to get my daily yoga fix in. I picked up a gorgeous brown yoga mat (it'll match my apartment's decor ^^) and a yoga bag; I plan to pick out some appropriately mellow music and do yoga in the comfort of my own home on the days I can't do it at the club. Alex - I'm turning your bathroom into an impromptu yoga studio. Just, y'know, heads-up.

Also, we got some inexpensive shoe inserts yesterday made for flat-footed people like me. Now my little bit of an arch is supported, and I was able to do the treadmill with no pain at all! I haven't gotten the nerve to try Zumba again, but at least walking's back on the agenda; I've been wanting to do either Pinnacle's base trail or the Big Dam Bridge for a while now, and with my foot back in the game I finally can!

The food situation was really rough today - I had classes right through lunch, so all I managed was a few bites of a turkey/lettuce wrap. They don't keep well, either, so it wasn't exactly a taste sensation. Dinner was the cilantro-buttered tilapia again, with orange green beans. Also, Mom started experimenting with new recipes; she had me taste something that was soup-ish and an unfortunate shade of green. Turned out to be delicious - tastes a little bit like broccoli-cheddar soup and a little like poblano pepper. Needless to say, I'm dying for a bowl of it!

The tricky thing we're dealing with is the size of my appetite. Not that's it too big - it's miniscule, as anyone who's ever gone to dinner with me will vouch. I can eat half a good-sized burger and a handful of fries and be totally satiated. So it's making it really tough to get the calorie count I need per day - I ate the serving of green beans and half the tilapia, and was feeling a bit overful. I've barely been topping 1000 calories some days, and I need to be hitting somewhere between 1200 and 1500. It's odd, to be complaining that my diet wants me to eat too much, but there it is! Honestly, based on how little of everything I eat, if it weren't for the damn PCOS I wouldn't be overweight in the least! Ah well ... at least the stupid syndrome's on its way out. The more weight I lose, the less susceptible I am to it.

So, in my bummed state today, I decided I needed a mood-booster and hopped on the scales. I know, I know: cheating. But! I'm down another two pounds. That's twenty pounds lost in two weeks' time! I'm amazed - I thought I might manage twenty pounds in the first month. This is more than I ever expected, and it completely makes up for the few lousy days and my total lack of free time. I just hope the change shows as much as I feel it; my mental image of myself has always been skinnier than the real me (hence why I'm forever knocking things with my hips). It's about time I reconciled my body image with my body, hmm?

Tomorrow should be a good day - two workouts, then a haircut, then two more free cardios at my own pace, then a free meal tomorrow night! I'm pretty excited, I could use a good, easy sort of day rather than the massive block o' aerobics I went through today. Thanks for standing behind me through these first two weeks, guys - the hard part's almost over! ^^

2 comments:

  1. Brad wants you to know that we are proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey "You!" (channeling our favorite professor haha) I just saw on your facebook that you were keeping this blog, and it's so fun to read! Also, it's so motivating because I've put on a few pounds since I got out here to Hawaii, and I've started trying to eat healthier and exercise more (or at all...ha!). So I'll definitely be following your progress! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete