Thursday, June 25, 2009

Day 23

Today was a damn fun day! I got up early and did two laps across the Big Dam Bridge on my own - listened to my iPod, watched the morning mist burn off of the mountains, all that jazz. Then I did water aerobics, yoga, and a cardio, all in rapid succession; had to clear up my afternoon for my friend Nate's arrival!

It's so damn good to see him - back in Norman, we hung out or at least saw each other briefly almost every day. Now? Three weeks with no more than an IM. It's just wrong. So we got caught up, chilled out, and went for a drive around the city (simply so I could prove to Nate that there was a city, he insists it's all trees with a skinny strip of urbana in the middle ...). We hit Maumelle Park, Pinnacle, downtown Little Rock, and even hit the Big Dam Bridge briefly! So, let the record show, Nate has been duly informed of the existence of the city. Hmph.

Food sitch was pretty straightforward - Clif Mojo for breakfast, turkey sandwich for lunch, and dinner at Chenal! It was so hard to ignore the idea of a cup of poblano pepper soup, but I behaved and just got a sirloin burger patty and fruit. I'm saving my culinary-misbehaving for tomorrow night - Buffalo Grill, my all-time favorite! Can't wait.

Sorry to post so short - today's been a long and fun day, and I'm getting up early to drag Nate's butt up Pinnacle (or maybe he'll be dragging me, it's unclear yet). Til tomorrow, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment