Friday, June 19, 2009

Day 17

Today's been kind of a weird day. I mean, the workouts went really well, and the full-body massage was amazing - I felt like a puddle afterwards, it was incredibly relaxing. However, we got home for lunch, and my appetite just sort of ... dissipated. It was good food, even - tuna and the broccoli-cheddar pepper soup I've been enjoying so much. But I took about two bites and my stomach just rebelled.

I ended up sleeping all afternoon, and woke up feeling no better; ended up eating a cup of chicken broth for dinner, and even that didn't sit right with me. And I know, having no appetite while on a diet may sound like a productive pairing, but it doesn't work that way. When a body doesn't get the bare minimum of calories it needs, it assumes food has become scarce and goes into famine mode, clinging to every little calorie to stay functional. It makes it all but impossible to lose weight.

It feels like I'm sick, but I can't figure out how, or even what's wrong - only symptoms I can pinpoint are a headache and exhaustion (which could be attributed to the low calorie intake), nausea, and a lack of appetite. I hope to god I'm not sick - I don't have time to be sick! I've got less than six weeks left to make this lifestyle change and make it stick, and being sick doesn't play into that at all.

Hopefully tomorrow, I'll wake up feeling better again. I've got my first workout at 9, so I get to sleep an hour later than usual; maybe tomorrow my appetite will be back and I can get back to being productive. Sorry for the downer post, guys ... cross your fingers for me and hope I can bounce back.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you feel better! whole wheat crackers could help with the nosh and make you fill up on some calories (semi-healthy)!

    ReplyDelete