Friday, June 12, 2009

Day 10

Okay, today was absolutely fantastic. I got to do everything planned, and then some. My workouts felt fantastic - in yoga, I was able to do poses I wasn't capable of this time last week. Not only am I more flexible, but my core's slimmed down considerably. I can bend and stretch like nothing else now!

Right after my three morning workouts, Mom and I headed to the spa - for massages. Now, I've never had a proper massage before, and I was a little antsy about the idea of someone I don't know touching all over me. However, we signed me up for a half-hour foot-and-leg massage, and the masseuse even took a few minutes to do my hands too. I walked out of that room feeling GREAT - my legs were all noodly, they felt so good. Plus, the massage table was ridiculously comfortable, I was so tempted to just curl up and sleep instead of getting up and dressed when the masseuse told me to. Maybe I'll spring for a full-body massage next time, really indulge myself ...

I got to sleep for a good chunk of the afternoon, during an incredibly loud and wicked thunderstorm. Let's just say the trees had far more branches before I lay down for my nap then afterwards. I managed a fourth workout at the LRAC, and on the way home I stopped off at Belk for a little retail therapy. I've had my eye on a really simple but eclectic Fossil necklace, and I finally decided to go in and buy it!


How cool is that? It's a little bird charm with topaz eyes; I don't know why, but as soon as I saw it, it just called to me. I'm glad I went back when I did - there was only one more of the gold ones left when I got there.

Food's been pretty damn good today - bacon and eggs for breakfast, garlic chicken stir-fry for lunch. Dinner tonight was fantastic - my free meal of the week! Mom, Dad and I went to On the Border, and I got to have Enchiladas Suizas as well as some chips and salsa (and a little queso, just enough to take the edge off my craving). It was good, and so worth the wait.

Now I'm about to head out to catch a late-night showing of Star Trek on IMAX - thankfully Mom's willing to be fun and come with me, movies are not as fun on your own. Means getting up at 8 to get to water aerobics might be a little rough, but it's totally worth it ^^

Today's tip, by popular demand, is the South Beach Surprise Mashed "Potatoes" recipe:
  • 4 cups cauliflower florets
  • 2 Tbs. canola oil
  • 2 Tbs. fat-free half-and-half
  • Pinch salt
  • Pinch freshly ground black pepper
Steam or microwave cauliflower until soft. Purée in a food processor, adding oil spray and half-and-half to taste. Season with salt and pepper, and serve. (I also recommend a little low-fat cheese or some garlic cloves/salt to taste; makes them really tasty!)

It sounds like a weird combination, to be sure, but I promise - they're delicious! You guys know how picky I can be about food, so a rave review from me means a lot.

Enjoy the "potatoes," guys, and good night!

EDIT: Sigh, apparently they're only screening Trek in IMAX Sunday-Thursday. Balls. Oh well - later this week, then!

No comments:

Post a Comment