Friday, June 26, 2009

Day 24

Sorry, another late and brief post! Goes to show what the distraction of having a friend around does with my free time ... I promise to be more in-depth with them after tonight.

This morning, I did get up and do Pinnacle with Nate, as I planned. It was hard, to be sure ... but I made it! Up the hard side, down the easy side, and in just over two hours! Considering our multiple water and photo breaks, that's not bad at all. Now I was royally whipped afterwards, but I still managed to make it to stretch and a weights class. Not too bad for one morning's work.

It's been great having Nate around - we vegged out for much of the afternoon (I actually fell asleep for a while), then grabbed dinner at Buffalo Grill and caught a movie! It's been great to have some downtime and do something other than eat/sleep/exercise for a little while. It'll be sad to see him go Sunday, but I think I've got enough planned the next few weekends to help me soldier on.

Coming back from Pinnacle did have a sad little twist to it - as I was pulling into my neighborhood, the Fed-Ex truck was pulling out! Taking my much-awaited delivery with it! I seriously missed my new laptop by like a minute. It was tragic. Thankfully, I was able to stop by and pick up my packages this afternoon ... and I was right! My new Macbook made it! I've spent most of the evening getting everything set up. God, but I love being a geek! ^^

Tomorrow, I'll give you guys a fuller post, as well as some pics from our hike. Sorry to post so short, but I've gotta get some sleep if I'm gonna get up and moving tomorrow. G'night all!

EDIT: Okay, now that I've gotten some sleep, I'm further updating the post! Here are the pics we got on Pinnacle.


The view from halfway up.


Nate's dramatic pose.



My "I'm-a-Badass" pose.
(I closed my eyes again, don't look too close! >< )

I am so proud to have managed Pinnacle again, and fairly painlessly too (at least at the time). I did have one epic almost-fall on the way down - we had just passed from the rocks to the path proper, and my feet hit some loose gravel. My knees went forward and my butt dropped back, like I was about to sit down in a chair, and my right hand flew out and grabbed onto a skinny tree by the path ... and I STAYED there for like 5 seconds before I popped back up. My butt never hit ground! It made me crack up - I was amazed that I was able to catch myself like that! It's reassuring to know I've gotten fit enough for this again.

Overall, I feel great about yesterday - my quads are so sore they might just fall off, but I feel good and healthy, and way less exhausted than I did last week. For how much of a bummer last Sunday proved to be, this week has stepped it up in spades! It's been gratifying to go out to eat and make more appropriate choices (although I did indulge like mad at Buffalo Grill, but hey - free meal! I earned it!). Can't wait to do my weigh-in tomorrow ...

One thing I do wanna do this week is figure out a way to incorporate my new laptop's features into these posts. For instance, something like an occasional video-blog elements to my posts ... but I'm not sure what I'd do for them! Anyone have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment