Sunday, August 30, 2009

Day 89

Sunday Rundown:

Weight: 199 lbs
Weight lost this week: 0 lbs
Total weight lost: 38 lbs

Bust: 41 1/4" (0" lost since last week, 5 5/8" lost total)
Waist: 35" (0" lost since last week, 5" lost total)
Hips: 46 3/4" (1/4" lost since last week, 6 1/8" lost total)

Ugh, I hate plateaus! Gets so frustrating to work and work and see no real change. Could be worse, I suppose. Could work and work and see myself backslide. Now THAT would be a downer.

I did a really good job of cooking for myself this week - did chili one night (although it wasn't totally right, I didn't remember to properly season the meat), garlic stir fry two nights, and a hamburger patty one night. The others were all leftovers, with one free meal (Service Station). I've even been packing lunch to campus to prevent myself from hitting Wendy's or Quizno's and breaking my diet.

I've literally scheduled out my whole week: dinners, classwork, grad work, and workouts. I popped up Microsoft Excel and mapped everything out. Should make it really, really easy to stay on track, and I can easily upgrade it every Sunday. The one bummer is that my grad schedule overlaps many of the exercise classes I'd take - sculpt, Zumba, yoga, etc. I'm pretty much confined to free cardio/weights, walking, and water aerobics. Sort of a pain, but I at least have the time I need to get a workout in every day without wrecking myself.

So biggest success this week: yesterday, my friend Nate and I went to lunch at Gaillardia to use up the food minimum we have to pay each quarter. Now Gaillardia is quite the classy place, which means jeans and such are frowned upon severely; I had to pretty up. I went through all my go-to nice tops ... and they all looked terrible! Baggy, shapeless, with patterns that made me look bigger than I am ... it was ridiculous! So, at wit's end and about to make us late, I grabbed a little black dress that I haven't been able to wear in over two years and put it on. And it looked DAMN GOOD. Like seriously; it didn't even look that nice when I first bought it. I was psyched! And, to top it off, I went to The Righs' concert last night wearing a flowy black skirt, black vest, and white t-shirt (my attempt at a celtic-punk look), and it all fit flawlessly! Hell, half my vests were so big that I could've smuggled stuff underneath them pretty easily. Guess I need to cycle a few more things outta my closet now, huh?

Tomorrow, I'm trying a new water aerobics class ... I'm not clear on what it is I'll be doing, since they all have vague names like Wave, HART, and Hydro H2O, but I'm trying it all the same. I'm really gonna bust my butt this week ... while I did get a workout in every day last week, some of them were just sorta going through the motions. I know it takes serious butt-busting workouts to make progress, not the wussy little pseudo-workouts I turned to once or twice in the last few days. I am DETERMINED to get off this damn plateau, I'm dying to see more progress! Wish me luck, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment