Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 75

Sunday Rundown (belated!)

Weight: 199 lbs
Weight lost this week: +2 lbs, then -2 lbs
Total weight lost: 38 lbs

Bust: ?" (?" lost since last week, 5 1/8" lost total)
Waist: ?" (?" lost since last week, 5" lost total)
Hips: ?" (?" lost since last week, 5 1/8" lost total)

Mom took my tape measure, so I can't get you guys my measurement updates just yet. And I haven't figured out a way to set the camera properly to take a self-pic with my camera's timer. And to top it off, I'm a day late. I'm a terrible blogger! Why do yall follow me again?

Haha in all seriousness, I felt so guilty when I realized I hadn't gotten a post up yesterday! Mom and I spent most of the evening embroiled in the Battle of the Bookcase, wherein we attempted to assemble a particleboard bookcase and failed miserably. There was a moment where I thought Mom might start stabbing it with the screwdriver, and I wouldn't have blamed her. We grappled with it til late, and I crashed hardcore. It was a long day.

Anyway, I did pretty well these last two weeks, considering I was traveling so much! Gained a pound and change in NY, which was better than expected; all I can say is thank God New York restaurants are required by law to post the calorie count of each dish right in the menu. It saved my butt more than a few times. I mean, as tempting as some meals sound (like the garlic chicken alfredo whatever-it-was at California Pizza Kitchen that nearly did me in), they weren't worth the calories even as a free meal (the alfredo dish topped 1000 calories! For one meal! That's almost a day's worth!). I just carried CLIF bars everywhere and made the best choices I could.

The last week's been a bit muddled too; between traveling home, beginning my TA training, and trying to get my apartment in order, cooking time/space/gear has been slim to none. I've been able to keep to healthy quick-fixes (sandwiches, chili, tuna, etc) to save me from myself. I've also gotten some hardcore workouts in - Saturday morning Kickstep and Deepwater Weights nearly ended me. I also tried Aqualates (aquatic pilates? Eh? Eh?) and loved it; I was even able to do the advanced moves! Very gratifying.

I promise to add on the measurements, once I repossess my tape measure ... and I'll be sure to get next Sunday's post up on time! Also, I have three other blogs for your consideration, all friends of mine pursuing similarly healthy lifestyles: Wendi, Chris, and Tami. Wendi's working on cooking cheap and healthy food, Chris is working to improve his life all around via introspection and positive thinking, and Tami's doing a program very similar to my own; click their names to check it out! See yall next Sunday (with pictures, perhaps)!

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, link love. You really know how to please a lady o.O

    ReplyDelete