Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 152

Weight: 197 lbs
Weight lost this week: -1 lb
Total weight lost: 41 lbs

Bust: 39 1/4" (1/2" lost since last week, 5 5/8" lost total)
Waist: 34 1/2" (1/2" lost since last week, 5 1/2" lost total)
Hips: 45 3/4" (0" lost since last week, 7 1/8" lost total)

So I gained a pound, but lost an inch? Yay/boo? Sigh. I miss the days where inches and pounds both just fell away together.

I feel pretty good about this week though - my favorite kickstep instructor Leigh was watching me do push-ups on the pool wall during class, and was really impressed. You have two options in pool pushups - either lean at an angle on the wall and push back and forth, or brace your hands on the edge and push up and down (much harder!). I started with the former, but switched to the latter several weeks ago. Apparently, according to Leigh, you can really see a difference in tone already - remarkable, since outside of kickstep I'm getting minimal weight training in. Now I feel like a badass (albeit sore in the biceps).

Considering this was a holiday weekend (I do so love the Halloweekend), I was pretty responsible with my eating choices. I didn't have a proper free dinner all week, although I was busy enough I stuck mostly to soup and sandwiches. I am still making my beloved garlic chicken stir fry, though; I think I may be addicted a bit. However, while my eating choices were good, my drinking choices ran away with me a bit. I made rum punch for a party I threw Friday night (which we all called Drink Me because of the label I slapped on the pitcher). I made two gallons of deceptively sugary, totally-yet-subtly alcoholic punch, and it was gone in 3-4 hours. We were all RIDICULOUS ... totally smashed by like 11 pm, and yet by 1-2 am we were sober enough to watch a Thai horror flick and read the subtitles. It was like a party in reverse.

This was, awesomely enough, the first party of mine that has necessitated people to crash at my place; I feel so legit! Thank God I have the spare bedroom, though, as the two guys who had to crash spent a good hour (still mid-party, even) drunkenly lounging on my bed and insisting that there was room for all three of us to sleep there. And in the spirit of good decisions and resisting temptation and whatnot, I managed to (after much cajoling and some impositions on my personal space) persuade them to crash in the study and on the couch rather than in my bed where I intended to sleep. When did I get to be so well-behaved? I had two good-looking guys in my bed, and my first thought was, "Oh, hell NO you don't. That's my space!" Haha.

Suppose that says something about the shape I've gotten into, though? That I'm having to chase not one but two men out of my bed? Hmm ... let's just say it does. Go team me. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment